Thursday, April 19, 2018

One Week To Go!


Hi Boardgame Friends:

Hard to believe that just about exactly one week from the time I write this I'll be greeting the first of you to arrive for Ludophilia 8, the best 4-day weekend of boardgames and craft beer you can possibly find in Crystal Lake in late April! ;)

(For those of you traveling from out of town, I'll just warn you that this last week in Chicagoland has looked and felt more like December than April, but I believe it's supposed to be warming a little now.  Hopefully the light snow we have will be gone for you anyway!  I still say make sure you pack a warm shirt or two....)

Just a reminder of all the details:

WHEN?
Next week, Thursday, April 26th, through Sunday, April 29th.  Room will be open 8:00am through midnight Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but we'll be packing up to leave around lunchtime on Sunday.

WHERE?
It's at the Country Inn and Suites, 600 Tracy Trail, Crystal Lake, IL  60014.  Phone: 815-477-3500.  We'll be in the Lincoln Room, which is the large conference room around the corner to the right from the lobby.  You can't miss it.

ADMISSION?
Some people pre-paid - thank you!  If you have not, the cost for supporting the hotel space is $10 per person per day.  Just find me when you arrive and I'll collect cash or check.

GAMES?
Yes, lots. Go to https://tinyurl.com/ludo8lib to see a spreadsheet of what some people are planning to bring.  If you're definitely bringing something, or want to request something, it's not too late.  Everyone should go take a look at the spreadsheet and list anything you're bringing.  (Good way to avoid duplication, plus people love to see what's going to be there to play.)  And there are a few requests still going unanswered.

BEER?
Bill is planning to bring an outstanding selection of homebrew to share.  If you'll be partaking, I suggest that you consider some creative way to show him your appreciation.  Everyone is welcome to bring something nice to share, but cooler space can be expected to be at a premium, so definitely don't go overboard.  I am highly recommending that everyone go very easy on any hard liquor - we really don't want any issues, but I don't want to have to declare an outright ban, so please be extra responsible!  I will be bringing a cooler of soft drinks as well.

T-SHIRTS?
I have this year's t-shirts to distribute to the people who ordered them.  I do have just 1 or 2 extras, as well as a couple leftovers from previous years that I'll sell, first come, first served.  Price for this year's shirts is $15.  Price for previous years is $10.


See you next week!
Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment